Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Lunch in the gardens

Perched on a tree stump
eating my food,
just what is needed
to lighten the mood.

A break from work
from the papers and stress,
Fresh air and light
sun’s gentle caress.

A fox’s den lies there
with room to expand.
Little earth do I see
- a bank made of sand.

Spring is here,
Plants grow anew
Daffodil and crocus,
Among those on view.

Birds are twittering
amid trees and bush -
to see the Goldcrest
I’ll have to hush.

The stream flows past
my trunk and seat,
At the foot of the bank
Under my feet.

Perched on a tree stump
eating my food,
to rush I’m sure
would be quite rude.

© Martin Lilley 16/3/10

2 comments:

  1. Hey I didn't know that you wrote, or is it a new thing? I am liking what I am seeing so far, but I see that work is still being a bit of a pain. Not long to go now keep pushing forward ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing appears to be the outlet for my creativeness while my brain is coping with trying to finish the PhD. Odd really!

    ReplyDelete