In the interests of record keeping and keeping all my writing in one place, this little passage sprung from my fingertips this afternoon while sat in the office. What was one verse originally just multiplied.
As a background, we had had our first sighting for months of the jellyfish I study, Pelagia, in the sea today. So I had to go for a snorkel during the afternoon to search for some more if I could. The water was cold, 14oC, but in a full wetsuit it was bearable. I found some more jellies although not in good condition on the whole, and some other gelatinous species. Anyway with music on in the lab and some measurements to take I suddenly got rather animated, bouncy and smiley. I think I had missed working down there. I've been in virtually every day for months, but not had much to do, bar changing some water. Variety as they say is the Spice of Life. For me, having some new jellies spiced up mine.
Oh and I was planning to take a day off and go skiing tomorrow, working Saturday instead, but the presence of jellies means that I ought to work and do the skiing another time. At least I hadn't paid for much of it as yet..
Jellies in the lab, Jellies in the sea,
Martin's even happier, Who wanted to go and ski?!
Yes, Skiing tomorrow, thats the original plan,
Work comes first you see, 'tis only money, Man!
Auron the destination, weather wasn't great,
empty slopes appealed, The jellies better wait!
If i miss both ski and jelly, life will just depress,
writing that paper, no progress? Oops, I digress!
Time to get back to it, Poetry's not my thing,
I'd much prefer a rockface, with nut, friend and sling.
So FB is being distracting, "Quelle surprise" you say,
Another couple of paras, then I'll end the day.
Well I used to think I only wrote when I was stressed, but this wasn't that, so those lines must have been a result of something else!
Bon nuit a tous.
As a background, we had had our first sighting for months of the jellyfish I study, Pelagia, in the sea today. So I had to go for a snorkel during the afternoon to search for some more if I could. The water was cold, 14oC, but in a full wetsuit it was bearable. I found some more jellies although not in good condition on the whole, and some other gelatinous species. Anyway with music on in the lab and some measurements to take I suddenly got rather animated, bouncy and smiley. I think I had missed working down there. I've been in virtually every day for months, but not had much to do, bar changing some water. Variety as they say is the Spice of Life. For me, having some new jellies spiced up mine.
Oh and I was planning to take a day off and go skiing tomorrow, working Saturday instead, but the presence of jellies means that I ought to work and do the skiing another time. At least I hadn't paid for much of it as yet..
Jellies in the lab, Jellies in the sea,
Martin's even happier, Who wanted to go and ski?!
Yes, Skiing tomorrow, thats the original plan,
Work comes first you see, 'tis only money, Man!
Auron the destination, weather wasn't great,
empty slopes appealed, The jellies better wait!
If i miss both ski and jelly, life will just depress,
writing that paper, no progress? Oops, I digress!
Time to get back to it, Poetry's not my thing,
I'd much prefer a rockface, with nut, friend and sling.
So FB is being distracting, "Quelle surprise" you say,
Another couple of paras, then I'll end the day.
Well I used to think I only wrote when I was stressed, but this wasn't that, so those lines must have been a result of something else!
Bon nuit a tous.

No comments:
Post a Comment