Saturday, 8 October 2011

Ouvrir la Creativite

As regular readers with know i have been lacking the blog-writing spark recently. The same has also applied to my photography. I haven't taken many photographs in the last six months. I haven't done anything with those I have taken, bar the few posted in here, and I haven't known why. Phases, lack of inspiration, other things taking your attention, call it what you will. I don't want to force what will come naturally given time. Maybe I have been being all scientific and not needing my arty side... or the art is focused on learning a language. Je ne sais pas!

Today there was a spark of life, wandering along the quayside this morning I spotted several potential 'kodak-moments' to coin a strawberry (frais, phrase....!) from a friend. Not having my camera with me I could do little at the time, but had the opportunity to come back later and with a little pushing decided to head back into town after lunch and see if anything caught my eye. It wasn't going to cost me anything other than time and was worth a wander.

Cathedral major, the sight greeting everyone entering the docks, but not the grandest cathedral in the city
I have wondered if the light in Marseille, being very bright, is putting me off taking photos. Again I don't know, but I decided today to experiment with black and white for a bit. Normally I am a take-it-in-colour-and-I-can-make-it-B&W-later-if-I-want sort of person, but today I didn't care. A few of my images from today should accompany this post. After a while the sun was dropping in the sky and there were a few clouds about and I started taking a few more colour pictures interspersed with the black and white. All in all nothing special, but better than I have been doing and I was quite enjoying being out in the golden hour by the end.

What have you done to my city?
Three statues inside the main arch of Cathedral major

Finally the Mistral is blowing strongly at the moment, preventing the planning diving, so I may have a poddle (pottering-wandering-toddle) tomorrow and see if i can find some moody seas and pretty scenes. Maybe the spark is back for a bit. If I can just shift the backlog of images too.....


No comments:

Post a Comment