Pizzas in the south of France are not like pizzas from the UK. First of all you only get one size - large; and secondly you only get one thickness - thin. I think this is as close to a traditional pizza as I can image, as you would expect close to the Italian border...
Pizza is also as readily available as a take-away as a kebab, burger or fish and chips is in the UK. There are even Pizza vans on the corners of many streets selling slices of pizzas rather than whole pizzas, complete with an oven in the back of the van.
The thing I have been really impressed by is the quality of the ingredients, take tonight's four cheese pizza. A British one might use Cheddar, Double Gloucester, Cheshire and something else, but this one had Mozzarella, Rochefort, Goats Cheese and Emmental (I think) on it. Very tasty. And to round it off I was sat on some rocks by the sea, watching the sun go down, the air temperature was still around 25 degrees and it was comforatble in shorts and teeshirt. The only downside was seeing all the smog in the air and the very red sun. Still I can't complain when I know it is dull and dreary at home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment