Thinking of poems, in my brain they lurk.
A number of themes came to my head
the remainder unspoken, yet to be said.
--
Black Bird on the boughRobin red, I see him now
Tit of blue, fluttering near,
shows surprise & disappears
Magpie pecking on the lawn,
Carpet of green, closely shorn.
All around, sounds of the wild,
broken only by a small child.
--
Long shadow on the page,
A pencil of dark, centre stage.
Book tilted, a strange poise
Sun shining bright & nature's noise.
--
The birds are fluttering, a squirrel to one side
I should be working.. - its for my pride.
Out here the sun shines, for now it can wait
It is Sunday after all, I Can't be late!
Watching that squirrel, creeping around,
Birds still twittering their pretty sound.
The sun is warm and I'm getting hot,
Don't want to burn, protected not.
--
All (c) Martin Lilley 18/4/10

No comments:
Post a Comment